Monday 17 August 2015

Starting Over


After losing all of the images on my blog, I've decided to wipe this slate clean! Some of the paintings, drawings and watercolours I'd created and posted from May 2012 until recently can still be viewed on my Etsy site at kathleenpaints.etsy.com. Today I'll be posting a recent watercolour which I made using a double primary palette. It includes the following colours:

- Ultramarine blue (Holbein, PB29)
- Winsor blue (green shade, Winsor & Newton, PB15))
- Lemon yellow (Holbein, PY3, 74, 111)
- Imidazolone yellow (Holbein, PY154)
- Scarlet lake (Winsor & Newton, PR188)
- Opera (Holbein, PR122)

I've included the pigment numbers since colour names change between manufacturers. Pigments numbers, though less lovely and more difficult to spot on the label, are consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment